Friday, November 28, 2014

Baptism Contemplations





"Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38 

A baptism has to be one of the most beautiful things to witness. 
Two weeks ago, we had a baptism for a couple who had been attending church regularly and finally decided to choose Jesus publicly after they had come to every night of the Evangelistic Series. The husband, Max, brought tons of visitors every night with them! It was amazing to see God work. 
At the baptism, they did something very special. The parents were insistent that their little 7-year-old daughter be right there to witness their baptism. So, as the couple were baptized, little Sharon stood right up in the front with her nose smashed against the glass. She was SO excited that her parents were getting baptized. I was in the front singing and I could see all three of their faces shinning with their new found love of Jesus. 
Just this sabbath we had another baptism, for Samantha. This baptism was very special as well. She was baptized by her dad who has been a pastor before (but is now a principal). This reminded me of my baptism back in the U.S. when I  was baptized by my father. I remember how special it was. 

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:7 











1 comment:

  1. It made me think about my baptism, remember the snake?
    Kiel

    ReplyDelete