Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

2015, wow. Time sure has flown! So many things have happened in 2014.
In the beginning of last year, I went to Tanzania... I can't believe that was a whole year ago! That also means I've had this blog for a year. It seems as though I were in Africa only a few months ago.
It was while I was there in Tanzania, that we decided it was God's will to move to Taiwan.
In between the time after I got back from Africa and when we left, we spent many happy days making memories with our friends back in Washington.
2014 was kind of an emotional year for me as well; a year full of change. Leaving my home in Wenatchee with all my friends was extremely hard. It was the longest I had ever lived anywhere! I just couldn't wrap my mind around the thought that leaving my home was better for me and my family and that it was God's will!
Now, here we are in, Taiwan,  And I absolutely love everything about my new home. So, this year I had to practice a lot of faith in God. It always works out best when we follow His plan verses ours. And sometimes it's REALLY hard to believe that it's true. God always keeps His promises, though.
To welcome the New Year, we watched the fireworks display at Taipei 101. We didn't go down into the city because the traffic is absolutely insane. So, at midnight, we just walked up our 97 steps, crossed the road, and watched them from the mountain! We had a somewhat clear view of the tall tower, although it was a little foggy that night. It was really, really cool, although, it only lasted about 5 minutes or so. Then, we promptly went to bed. :)


I have quite a few New Years resolutions. Here are a few of them:
- I want to remember God more throughout my day at school
- remember more Scripture promises
- prayer more (I have this one almost every year. But, hey? Who doesn't need to pray more?)
- try and be a little bit more faithful to my blog; not as irregular when writing. It's hard though because of school...
These are a few of my New Years resolutions.
I encourage you to make your own resolutions. As for now, let us all try and turn the world upside down this year by doing the LORD's work, and bringing the Word to the whole world.
"Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58 

5 comments:

  1. finally you write the new blog ^^ my new years resolutions 1. spend more time with my family 2, study hard in Japanese 3. of course prayer more 4. go to bed early and wake up early 5. read more God's word................happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years! Time does fly, I'm constantly amazed at how short a year is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE reading your Blog Enjoli, and I rejoice in my heart that you are so in love with Jesus, so beautiful from the inside out. You left us as a child of 15, I won't see you again til you are a young lady, of 18. So sad to miss all the milestones for you and Emily for the next two years. I have also made resolutions to go to bed earlier, get up earlier, spend more time with my "God Moments" each morning. It is my prayer for you to fall more deeply in love with Jesus every day,...and me too. Love you, my sweet "Angel Girl", Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoying your posts. Thx for sharing your experiences and how God is leading your family. Glad you and Emily have lots of friends and are having a great adventure there. Know you're missed. I pray for your family every evening. LaRenne Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Enjoli! Love you and miss you so much! I can't believe it's almost been 6 months since I've seen you! WAY TOO LONG!!! It used to be almost every day! I'm missing you all terribly and it's not as fun without you! I can't wait until I get to see you all this summer. Let's talk soon so we can start planning the summer! Love you!

    ~Carolyn

    P.S. Those fireworks looked amazing!
    P.P.S. I love how your relationship with God is shining through you!

    ReplyDelete