Monday, June 15, 2015

Utah - Grandma's House!

"There it is! There's Grandma's house!" I excitedly exclaimed to my sister. 
We had come to spend about a week with our Grandma.  Our grandma's house isn't really hers since our Grandpa died 2 years ago. My Uncle Ryan bought it from her but she still stays there. So, not only did we get to see our Grandma, but our Uncle, Aunt, and two younger cousins, Lexi and Cruise.

The first day or two we did a LOT of shopping. But it was so much fun! We could buy all sorts of things you can't easily find in Taiwan. I was able to go to thrift shops as well as other nice stores and buy tons of new clothes. (One of my favorite things to do. What girl doesn't like buying clothes? haha) We could also go to Grocery Stores and read the ingredients! A new concept, since the ingredients are always in Chinese back in Taiwan. It nice to be able to walk over to something and think, "Mmm. That looks good. I wonder if I can eat it?" Then look at the ingredients and be able to decide whether or not I can eat it. Bam! Just like that. 
It was pretty hot. I mean, Utah is a dessert. And what better way to cool off than to swim! My Grandma took us, as well as our little cousins, to Cowabunga Bay Water Park in Los Vegas! It was a BLAST.

As soon as we entered the park and applied our sunscreen, I grabbed Emily's arm shouting, "Come on! Lets go, Daddy!" We rushed over to a bunch of slides, only to have to wait in a long line. That's the one bad thing about water parks; the long lines. But it was worth it! We went on all sorts of slides, Twisty, dark, ones with 'toilet bowls' (for lack of a better name), and all sorts of slides.
On of them could sit all four of us. It went straight for awhile then suddenly dropped us on a hug wave-thing. It sent us really far on one side, then to the other until we dropped down the whole in the middle.
 My dad even convinced me to go on the Rocket slide. I was terrified, but I did it! They stick you in this small tube where you stand on a little platform, legs crossed, arms to the side, and your head back. The attendant pushes a button, but you still stand there for about 7 seconds. After those seven panicky seconds, the platform falls and disappears. You go shooting straight down at top speed! My Dad says I screamed pretty loud when the platform fell, haha!
I managed to have enough time to go on every single slide (Except for one that I wasn't heavy enough for :/ )
Afterwards, we stopped at Taco Bell. Because of all my allergies, I think we gave the poor lady the hardest order she ever had! We didn't home till really late.
It was so good to play with our little cousins and spend time with our Grandma. There's something about Grandmas that are so special. :) It was great to meet our cousin and her new baby as well as some other family. All in all we had a great time.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys are having fun. Haha, this is one of those times I wish America was a little smaller, I'd love to see you again!

    ReplyDelete