Monday, June 13, 2016

Another Goodbye...

Some people might think that since I move so much, it should be easy by now, right? No, it's not. I remember how much I didn't want to move from our home in Washington. I was happy! I didn't want to leave. I'd lived there the longest I have lived anywhere, 5 years. I also remember just trusting God that He knew what was best. Sure enough, He was right as always. I love Taiwan! In fact, after only being here a week, I almost felt guilty about enjoying my new home so much already. Haha!

Since the very beginning of living here I have fell in with Taiwan - it's people, culture, food, and beautiful land. I don't know if it's because of my stage in life or what, but since moving here I really feel like a part of Taiwan and all the people I have met here (Taiwanese and other nationalities). They will always be a part of me and in my heart. I'm going to miss everyone here terribly! At the same time, I'm excited to go back to the States and see my family and friends. But.... I don't want to leave! As you can see, I'm having conflicted emotions. Haha!
When I'm tempted to worry though, I remember these two verses:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15

I especially like the last one since it promises that He will bring me back to this land ;)
I know I can trust my God, I trusted Him before and He brought me here! His plans are always Plan A and I don't want to interfere with them. I'll just have to see what the next adventure He has planned for me.

But to all my friends in Taiwan; I'm going to miss you so much! But I will see you again, if not on this earth then in the next. <3








1 comment: