Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Miracle in the Classroom

 
 
“Ugh! I can hardly talk!” I whispered. “Brianna, I don’t think I can go to school.”
Yep, I had a sore throat and hardly any voice at all. I probably lost my voice from teaching at the primary school. I decided to stay back from school for the earlier classes, but try to make it for the last class, English 7, when there wouldn’t be any other teacher if I didn’t show up. I was hoping by then I would be able to talk a little louder.
I drank some nasty tea and sucked on cough drops for my sore throat.  I also used things like lemon to hopefully regain my voice.
Time came for me to go up for the last class, but I still was no better.
“Guess I should at least show up. I’m not exactly sure what I will be able to do but I should at least try.” I thought to myself as I hopped on my bike and rode up the road.  
I arrived just a few minutes early, so I went over to “talk” (more like whisper croakily) to Ashely.
“Do you want me to help with the talking part of class?” she asked.
“Um, I think I can do it. “ I answered hoarsely.
“Okay, I will come into the classroom just in case you need any help though. I don’t have a class right now.”
“Thanks.” I replied weakly.  
 
 
 
We walked into the Standard 7 classroom and Ashely led out in a prayer for me.
Then, miracle upon miracles, I started teaching… in my normal voice!
Ashely told me afterwards that when I started talking she thought, “Wow, she’s speaking in her normal loud voice! She must be pushing herself really hard. It’s probably only a matter of minutes before her voice totally gives out and I will have to start teaching.”
But, no! I kept on teaching throughout the whole class period in a nice, strong voice.
At the end of class I took the kids out for an exercise. When I finished I went back to the classroom, straight to Ashely.
“I can’t talk again!” I said just above a whisper. “God answered my prayer and gave me my voice just long enough to teach class!”
I continued only talking above a whisper the entire day. During English was the only time I was able to use my whole voice.
After this amazing miracle God performed for me in the classroom, I started pondering why He did it. Then it struck me; God could have had Ashely teach, but He wanted ME to. What a precious thought! God is leading in miraculous ways here in Tanzania.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome story Enjoli! I hope you feel better soon, This morning your mom said you were really sick with the flu past few days. I'm so glad your dad is there for you now. So.... Get Better so we can hear more of your adventures....
    BTY.... I believe what happened here was one of those "gifts" of the Spirit.... ( in line with talking in tongues ).
    {{ Hugs }} from your Nana. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been REALLY sick. Flue, strap throat, ear infection, ect.. But I have antibiotics now and am doing well. Love and miss you!

      Delete
  2. I remember giving you that nasty tea,
    I always had to take it when I got sick!
    Kiel Ross

    ReplyDelete