Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Long Anticipated Arrival

 
 
“Bleep”
I picked up the phone.
“A new message from Tamara Schock. I wonder what she wants.” I said to myself.
(A few seconds later…) “YES!!!” I shouted as I threw the phone onto the couch.
“What? What’s happening? What did she say?” asked the other girls.
“My dad’s almost here! She said ‘It’s only a matter of minutes ‘til he arrives. He’s coming down the main road from upper campus. He’s really coming!” I was beside myself with excitement. I had probably driven the girls crazy talking about how my dad was coming today.
Brianna said, “I’ve never been so excited to see your dad, Enjoli!”
I rushed to the window and tried to hear or see anything.
“Hey! I hear a car motor!” I exclaimed and opened the door. Sure enough, a few seconds later a car came into view.
I started running as fast as my legs would carry me down the hill to the road.
Then I saw him, weary with travel and a little on the scruffy side but my dad none-the-less.
“Daddy!” 
 
 
 
I gave him a big hug and then helped him bring the luggage to the door.
Then, we had a miniature Christmas.
He took out tons of little things for teaching at the school; violins, and some special treats.
At one point, he opened his zipper on the side of his backpack and then exclaimed, “Oh no! I had a whole bunch of Lindor chocolates and they all melted!”
He took a few out and looked at them. They were a little gross looking, all mashed up and half melted, but we just all stared at them in awe.
“Do you want some? They don’t look all that great but I’m sure they taste good.” He offered.
“Sure!” We said with enthusiasm.
They were really, REALLY good.
Afterwards, I helped take the little bit of luggage he had left to the Guest house, where he was to stay.
It’s been SO much fun with my Dad here. I’m so glad he could come a week early too. Especially since I have been sick with the flu. It’s pretty miserable but I am slowly getting better.

7 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Enjoli!!! :D I'm glad your feeling better too! Miss you and praying for you! ~Ellie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad daddy could be there with you! I'm waiting for the great reunion we have when you come back! lol Still, I couldn't be happier that you could have this experience. Missing you TONS! Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I could have this experience too! I'm happy I'm back home and could "reunite" again with you. :p Miss Tanzania a lot though...

      Delete
  3. Loved reading you blog posts. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your time there...oxoxox Aunt Marian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are enjoying them and that you were finally able to post a comment on my blog! I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments when I was over there. Love you! xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Every time someone brought us chocolate it was melted from the hot African sun,but it didn't take the awesome taste away!Our chocolate was always in weird shapes!
    I miss little things like that, America is SO different,
    Kiel Ross

    ReplyDelete